Central Florida Criminal Defense Lawyers
Central Florida Criminal Defense Attorneys, providing experienced Criminal Defense Lawyer legal services in Melbourne, Daytona Beach, Sanford, Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Maitland, Longwood, Winter Park, Orlando, Kissimmee, and surrounding Central Florida areas.
Call The Law Offices of John Gillespie today to schedule a free initial consultation regarding your Criminal Defense legal issues.
There is an inequality of power and material resources in the criminal justice system. The government has a large staff of lawyers, police and agents, sophisticated crime labs and experts, and a huge budget provided by the taxpayers. This gives them a tremendous advantage because the legal system is based on the premise that "the whole truth" is that presented at the trial.
If a defendant cannot challenge the government's case, or submit his or her own witnesses, then the jury by default will probably accept as true whatever evidence the prosecutor produces. In order to meet this challenge, our attorneys seek to meet the prosecutor fact for fact. Our strength lies in preparation, investigation, motion practice, and trial presentation.
The Criminal Defense services provided by Attorney, John Gillespie include, but are not limited to:
In the State of Florida there are three degrees of felony crimes as well as capital felonies:
- Third Degree Felony: punishable by up to a $5,000 fine, five (5) years prison and/or probation;
- Second Degree Felony: punishable by up to a $10,000 fine, fifteen (15) years prison and/or probation;
- First Degree Felony: punishable by up to $15,000 fine, thirty (30) years prison and/or probation.
In the State of Florida there are two degrees of a misdemeanor crime:
- Second Degree Misdemeanor: punishable by up to a $500 fine, sixty (60) days jail and/or 6 months probation;
- First Degree Misdemeanor: punishable by up to a $1000 fine, twelve (12) months jail and/or probation.
When charged with a Misdemeanor or Felony Crime it is important to be made fully aware of your legal rights, defense strategies, and to have aggressive, detailed, and dedicated criminal defense legal representation in your corner. Hiring an experienced criminal defense attorney may provide you the best opportunity to achieve your desired outcome, or a fair and reasonable resolution.
Call an Experienced Central Florida Criminal Defense Lawyer at The Law Offices of John Gillespie for a confidential legal consultation.