Central Florida State and Federal Crime Defense Lawyers
Central Florida State and Federal Crime Defense Attorneys, providing experienced State and Federal Charge Criminal Defense Lawyer legal services in Melbourne, Daytona Beach, Sanford, Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Maitland, Longwood, Winter Park, Orlando, Kissimmee, and surrounding Central Florida areas.
Call The Law Offices of John Gillespie today to schedule a free initial consultation regarding your Criminal Defense legal issues.
If you have been arrested or are under investigation by a local police department, you will most likely be prosecuted in a State Court. State crimes are violations of State and local statutes or ordinances that are prosecuted in either Municipal or Superior Courts in the County in which the charges are filed.
Examples of State prosecuted criminal charges include, but are not limited to:
- Aggravated Battery (with a deadly weapon or serious bodily injury, or to an elderly person or pregnant woman);
- Aggravated Fleeing to Elude;
- Child Abuse;
- Computer crimes (larceny of money or intellectual property or possession of pornographic, lewd, and lascivious material.);
- Certain Drug Crimes;
- Felony Battery;
- Felony DUI with serious injury / death or prior convictions;
- Forgery, Fraud, or Grand Theft;
- Homicide (manslaughter or murder);
- Lewd & Lascivious conduct;
- Possession of concealed firearm (or with a prior felony);
- Resisting Arrest with violence;
- Sexual Battery.
Federal Charges are investigated by federal law enforcement and prosecuted in Federal Court. However, the initial arrest or investigation may still be conducted by local and State law enforcement.
Federal Crimes include, but are not limited to:
- Certain Types of White Collar Crimes;
- Various Forms of Fraud;
- Violent Crimes;
- Major Theft;
- Civil Rights Crimes;
- Cyber Crimes;
- Public Corruption;
- Organized Crimes;
- Crimes Against Minor Children;
- Counterintelligence Crimes;
- Major Drug Crimes.
The Federal Government currently has jurisdiction of over 200 categories of Federal Law, and has virtually unlimited money and resources to pursue its charges. It is not uncommon for the Federal Government to take years to build a case against those they have in their crosshairs.
If you are facing State or Federal Charges it is highly recommended that you seek the legal advice and representation of experienced legal counsel. It is extremely important to be made fully aware of your legal rights, defense strategies, and to have aggressive, detailed, and dedicated legal representation in your corner. Hiring an experienced State and Federal charge defense attorney may provide you the best opportunity to achieve your desired outcome or a fair and reasonable resolution.
Call an Experienced Central Florida State and Federal Crime Criminal Defense Lawyer at The Law Offices of John Gillespie for a confidential legal consultation.